This blog is about living the American Dream at the dawn of the new millennium! I am a nameless, mid-20s, bottom 150 Law School Graduate who finds himself marginally attached and awash in a sea of overeducated but underpaid, indentured peers who feel, and were, duped by the promise of a better life through debt and modern chemistry. Let's get to the point. The Law School Industrial Complex is a scam that has destroyed a generation out of greed. Vendettas were once legal and the pursuit of one was seen not only as moral, but necessary. This newly minted lawyer is going to continue the practice. DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU MORONS! Ce qui suit est ce qui reste!

Monday, August 15, 2011

8 Reasons Why You're All Sheeple

Let's be honest, if you're reading this blog or your sympathies lie with the scambloggers and their ilk, it's very likely that you are one of the "awakened" who will rail against the law school cartel or any one of the other social evils that you may care about in today's technological utopia.  

Photobucket

But cut the shit, in reality you are a passive & obedient audience.  If you went to law school or are in it now, I likely know exactly who you are.  You're that kid who burned intensely on the inside but would kowtow to anyone who asked it from you whether it was a professor who you sought praise from like pidgeons with breadcrumbs, or the "cool" kids in school on the chance you would go to a party.  Meanwhile everyone kept giving it to you from behind.

Did you know that at one point, before humans bred them to moronic domestication, that cows were highly intelligent creatures capable of leaping great heights and minor problem solving?  I guess what I'm saying is that my generation has become retarded meat cows meandering towards the slaughter house with a hop, skip and a jump...sorry I know it stings.

Photobucket

I thought, at one naive point, that if I and others wrote about all of this shit going down it might call some to action.  For some time now, my brethren have tried to develop actual protests at actual law schools with real live human beings rather than just whine on the internet to no avail.  Not so much.

Given the past decade or so of political events and historical decisions, I've often wondered why universities, rather than being a hotbed of political activity like in the 1960's and 1970's leading the charge for change, we now have campus after campus of these glazed over zombie idiots sucking on their pacifiers of social media, drug abuse, consumer culture and reality television.


Photobucket

Oh wait, I'm not the only one.  Here's someone else's top 8 reasons why America's youth blow donkey balls (i.e. London Riots Why You No Happen In America?)

1) Student loan debt
2) Psychopathologizing and Medicating Noncompliance
3) Education for Compliance's Sake and Not for Democratic Critical Thinking
4) Bullshit "Education" Laws like No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top
5) Shaming People Who Don't Have 2 or 3 useless Higher Ed Receipts for Getting Scammed Degrees
6) Normalized Big Brother Surveillance
7) Television
8) Fundamental Religion and Fundamental Consumerism


This comes from Barry Levine a misguided anarchistic liberal hippie fag according to most Americans who would be polled about the subject is a PhD but is also a practicing clinical psychologist, unlike every law professor I've ever met, who just wrote a book entitled "Get Up Stand Up: Uniting Populists, Energizing the Defeated, and Battling the Corporate Elite."

Agree? Disagree? I don't care, it's likely true.

Here is the full article



Christ, even our generation's "protest music" is mainstream and corporatized. FML.

Till Next Time!!! BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? YES SIR! YES SIR! 3 DEGREES AGO!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. sing it. do you sell t-shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never went to law school; I pay attention to the scamblogs because I love a good train wreck (which is why "Che Part 1" is my favorite 2000s film)....I've always been fascinated by complicated things* like the Law, but I dislike lawyers, so in a way I'm like one of those NASCAR fans who only watches for the crashes.


    ______________________________

    * Bizarre conspiracy theories, military history, wiring charts for old tube computers, mechanical devices of all types, cryptography, astrophysics, shaggy dog stories, reading Apollo program manuals, "Gravity's Rainbow", the rambling insane mentality of Philip K. Dick novels....this is the sort of crazy shit I find interesting. The more complicated the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only speak for my experience in the admissions office at Columbia, but my friends in the admissions offices at Georgetown Law and UT Law have concurred that the ONLY thing that counts is LSAT and GPA. The personal statement rarely, if ever, is factored into the admissions process. It is merely considered "paperwork­" and stapled to the back of the applicatio­n for some interestin­g reading.

    Another thing that most people don't realize is how law schools manipulate the data released to US News and World Report for the annual rankings. We would select a sampling of students, who we KNEW had jobs following graduation­....essent­ially cherry-pic­king the students with jobs so that our employment statistics after graduation would appear high. In addition, we would manipulate that data to include students with temporary jobs as contract attorneys, whether they be part-time or full-time. Ideally, one would think that we should have used the entire graduating class and simply give the percentage of those hired, considerin­g that is an easy number to calculate. Law schools, including Columbia, however, know how to meet these very arbitrary and easily manipulate­d U.S. News guidelines­. I urge any of you to get to know someone who has worked in the admissions office of any of these law schools. You will be quite surprised. The data dump will make heads role. We need to make this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am moving to Canada in a few months due to the student loans in the US, which I cannot pay and can no longer defer, as well as because of a job market that provides no job with income sufficient to pay back those loans. Having completed my undgrad degree and law school, my loans now total over 200K. With law school tuition roughly $43,000/year on average and living expenses(rent) being $10,000/year, law school easily accounts for most of my loan balance. After having taken the bar and applied to over 10,000 jobs(yes, 10,000) within the past year, I have only been able to find temporary work that pays $15-20/hr, which in no way covers my loan payments, which alone are over $1600/month. Seriously, the MATH IS NOT THERE. I work two jobs now and can't make it here. All of this nonsense about the American Dream and social mobility and the value of education is GARBAGE.



    Some people have even suggested that I should have worked my way through school or saved up the money for law school!!! HA!! If I had a job that allowed me to save up over 200K for law school, don't you think that I would have stayed in THAT job.



    Others have suggested that I should have anticipated the risks. Well, no one tells you that the law schools fraudulently manipulate the numbers they release to US News and World Report. Having now worked in the admissions office at Georgetown Law School, I can tell you that the school cherry picks the data to only use the high-paying individuals....and then actually has the nerve to hire people part-time in a temp position for 4 weeks so that they can count those people as employed for the purpose of the survey. Further still, they count people working in fast food and who have no legal jobs as employed for the purpose of the survey. THAT IS FRAUD. Basically, I along with many people were sold on lies and dishonest stats, which we used as the basis for our investment/risk. This issue deserves a wikileaks-styled espose in itself.



    Move to Canada where the US has NO JURISDICTION over your loans. Start life anew and watch the US economy collapse under the weight of its own lies. Enjoy this life; this is the only one you have. I chose to follow the rules and believe the popular mythology about education debt being good debt. Rather than squander year and year....month after month....trying to find solace in entertainment, books, music, friends, family and that old adage "things will work out"....wake up and get the hell out while you can. You owe it to yourself as a HUMAN to have no allegience to anything or anyone that would suppress your humanity, making you a slave to an orchestrated, bureaucratic fraud that is so large that the contemplation of it likely makes even my short message here seem exaggerated.



    Don't trick yourself into saying this is all YOU. You know what you are feeling, and your brain has already made you keenly aware of what is not working. The powers-that-be have already fooled you once. Don't go on fooling yourself.



    WAKE UP and get out.



    Yes, it is that bad. (Remember, DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF...USE YOUR BRAIN and YOUR SENSES)



    It is time to follow your own path rather than follow the misguided directions of others that served only to line the pockets of your schools and the bankers, who now make interest on the money that was loaned out.



    You can punish them by listening to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am moving to Canada in a few months due to the student loans in the US, which I cannot pay and can no longer defer, as well as because of a job market that provides no job with income sufficient to pay back those loans. Having completed my undgrad degree and law school, my loans now total over 200K. With law school tuition roughly $43,000/year on average and living expenses(rent) being $10,000/year, law school easily accounts for most of my loan balance. After having taken the bar and applied to over 10,000 jobs(yes, 10,000) within the past year, I have only been able to find temporary work that pays $15-20/hr, which in no way covers my loan payments, which alone are over $1600/month. Seriously, the MATH IS NOT THERE. I work two jobs now and can't make it here. All of this nonsense about the American Dream and social mobility and the value of education is GARBAGE.



    Some people have even suggested that I should have worked my way through school or saved up the money for law school!!! HA!! If I had a job that allowed me to save up over 200K for law school, don't you think that I would have stayed in THAT job.



    Others have suggested that I should have anticipated the risks. Well, no one tells you that the law schools fraudulently manipulate the numbers they release to US News and World Report. Having now worked in the admissions office at Georgetown Law School, I can tell you that the school cherry picks the data to only use the high-paying individuals....and then actually has the nerve to hire people part-time in a temp position for 4 weeks so that they can count those people as employed for the purpose of the survey. Further still, they count people working in fast food and who have no legal jobs as employed for the purpose of the survey. THAT IS FRAUD. Basically, I along with many people were sold on lies and dishonest stats, which we used as the basis for our investment/risk. This issue deserves a wikileaks-styled espose in itself.



    Move to Canada where the US has NO JURISDICTION over your loans. Start life anew and watch the US economy collapse under the weight of its own lies. Enjoy this life; this is the only one you have. I chose to follow the rules and believe the popular mythology about education debt being good debt. Rather than squander year and year....month after month....trying to find solace in entertainment, books, music, friends, family and that old adage "things will work out"....wake up and get the hell out while you can. You owe it to yourself as a HUMAN to have no allegience to anything or anyone that would suppress your humanity, making you a slave to an orchestrated, bureaucratic fraud that is so large that the contemplation of it likely makes even my short message here seem exaggerated.



    Don't trick yourself into saying this is all YOU. You know what you are feeling, and your brain has already made you keenly aware of what is not working. The powers-that-be have already fooled you once. Don't go on fooling yourself.



    WAKE UP and get out.



    Yes, it is that bad. (Remember, DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF...USE YOUR BRAIN and YOUR SENSES)



    It is time to follow your own path rather than follow the misguided directions of others that served only to line the pockets of your schools and the bankers, who now make interest on the money that was loaned out.



    You can punish them by listening to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DID turn up to two law schools to hand out leaflets against the scam. It waent really well both times. First time I annoyingly ran out of leaflets, but managed to hand out 8 or so and told them to pass it on, plus put another 8 or so on the desks where they'd be sitting.

    My second was far more succesful, I'd learned from my first experience and printed many more - handed them to about 25-30 prospective students (this was a for a post law degree professional entry program), I think most people gaining entry got the leaflet. One teacher there was furious and insisted I move, despite the fact I was on public land, and he demanded my name - I should have demaneded his.

    The point is, you can take action yourselves very very easily and the time has come to do it.

    ReplyDelete